What is a high-quality
early childhood program?
A high-quality early childhood program provides a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
In accredited programs, you should see:
- frequent positive, warm interactions among teachers and children
- planned learning activities appropriate to the children’s age and develpment, such as reading stories, block building, painting, dress-up, and active outdoor play
- specially trained teachers and administrators
- ongoing professional development
- many varied age-appropriate materials
- respect for cultural diversity
- a healthy and safe environment for adults and children
- inclusive environments
- nutritious meals and snacks
Starling International is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and it is accredited by the N.A.E.Y.C. (National Association for the Education of Young Children). The combination of these two certifications reflects our commitment to delivering an exceptional experience for your child.